22 Wednesday Mar 2017
Today I want to share two simple cards using the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inkpads. A few weeks ago, I talked about how they can take on a textured, oxidized look in this project, and today I want to show you how you can use them to create beautiful watercolor cards. The difference will be a softer, chalkier look.
Beautiful Day Distress Oxide Ink Card, what you need—
• Stamps: Spread Your Wings from Hunkydory
• Cutting Dies: Essentials Ovals from Tattered Lace
• Water mister
• Cardstock: Lime, teal, white
• Teal washi tape
• Blank white card
• Craft sheet
• Gold embellishments
• Foam tape
• Check ribbon
Beautiful Day Distress Oxide Ink Card, how to make it—
- Press the Faded Jeans inkpad directly onto the craft sheet. Repeat to press the Cracked Pistachio inkpad close by. Spritz with water. Press white cardstock into the watery wash and turn the card slightly. Lift up to reveal a swirly background. Let dry, or repeat to add more color.
- Ink the outside edges of the white cardstock with Fossilized Amber. Mat on white and ink again.
- Apply a strip of teal washi tape to white cardstock, trim and wrap around the watercolor panel.
- Cover the card blank with lime cardstock and glue the watercolor panel in the center.
- Stamp the butterfly with Cracked Pistachio on white card and cut into an oval. Adhere with foam tape. Stamp the sentiment with Fossilized Amber and die cut into an oval. Glue slightly underneath the butterfly.
- Add gold embellishments and a checked bow.
And here’s another one—
You Make My Heart Flutter
For this card, you’ll need the basic same supplies, except you’ll swap Fossilized Amber for Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink. Also grab some dotted ribbon, blue cardstock and pink satin cardstock, plus a small stippling brush.
- Create a swirly background with Worn Lipstick and Faded Jeans as before, leaving plenty of white space. Press the Cracked Pistachio ink onto the craft sheet, add water and use the stippling brush to spatter the color over the white areas. Let dry, then mat on pink satin cardstock.
- Mat a strip of pink satin cardstock on blue and glue across the watercolor panel. Mat on blue cardstock and glue to the card front.
- Stamp the butterfly with Faded Jeans and die cut into an oval. Stamp the sentiment with Worn Lipstick and die cut into an oval, then add the two pieces to the card front with foam tape. Add gold embellishments and a dotted bow.