Craft Stamper Blog Hop: Looking Back
01 Friday Feb 2013
Welcome to the Craft Stamper Blog Hop! If you’re new to the Hop, check out the Craft Stamper blog, since there are lots of prizes to be won. And if you’re new to my blog, welcome—I’m so glad you’re here!
The Blog Hop theme is Looking Back on 2012 Favourites (or “Favorites”, for those of us who hail from the other side of the pond), and I want to share a quick technique that I love: Tape Lifting. I originally did this as part of my Masterclass article on punchinella in the January 2013 issue but wanted to try it with Faber-Castell’s Gelatos for this blog hop.
Here’s what you need:
– Punchinella (sequin waste)
– Clear packing tape (not cello tape, but the kind you use to seal a package)
– Gelatos (from Faber-Castell)
– Card: teal, lime, white, pink
– Stamps: Fancy a Cuppa (Hot Off The Press)
– Inkpad: Archival Black (Ranger)
– Distress Markers: Barn Door, Broken China, Peeled Paint (Ranger)
– Teal ribbon
– Foam tape
– Craft sheet
– Water spritzer, kitchen roll
And here’s how to do it:
1) Place your punchinella on a craft sheet. Tap on blue and green Gelatos.
2) Place a piece of packing tape, sticky side down, on the colored punchinella. Press it down firmly, then lift off. Your tape will have a colored dot pattern! Attach to white card. Repeat, placing the second piece of tape next to the first. (It’s okay if they don’t perfectly match up.)
3) Trim your paper and mat onto pink card.
4) Wrap with teal ribbon, then mount onto lime card and glue it to a teal card.
5) Stamp the tea cup and sentiment with black, then color with Distress Markers. Spritz lightly with water, then blot immediately. Mount onto green card and attach to the card front with foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by! Oh, yes, and the letter you’re looking for is “E“!
Your next stop on the hop is Joanne Allison’s blog at angelnorth.blogspot.co.uk for even more inspiration!